Monday, May 16, 2011

Welcome

I have tried to fight the urge of blogging again.  Once, it took up a lot of my time because I easily become obssessed with this.  I love typing my thoughts and opinions and now I have developed 2 loves that I love to talk about.  One is Antiques and the other is Homesteading.  Naturally, my family comes first so you will hear about them here too.

I am not sure if what I do can even be classified as farming but I am giving it my best shot.  My wife is such a tropper considering she is the most modern person you will meet and now she is eating fresh eggs and using homemade laundry detergent LOL.  She also supports me with my "work days" and trips to feed stores.  My mom and dad are superb.  I cannot type in words what they do for me.  They help me build fences and provide monetary support that is very much appreciated.  I think deep down they see how much I love fooling with the animals, so they give with griping LOL.

My homesteading friends Serena and Richard help me a lot also.  I give her a hard time but she adds great humor to all my projects.  Last but certainly not least is Tinia.  (http://www.lucasfarmwv.com/)  (http://www.thevegetarianhomesteader.com/)  This woman is my goto with all questions.  She is super smart and I follow her with animal adivce like I follow Jesus with my soul ROFLOL.

Recently and currently we have goats, chickens, and ducks.  it wouldn't take much for me to add a llama LOL but I would be in heaven if I could get a mini jersey heffer.  I would love it, but I woudl have to make room for her to pasture.  I am not sure my parents are up to that.   Plus they would have to buy her LOL...heck I would take anything.

I will have another blog with a "farm tour" .   For my friends that hate farming, I will have plenty of blogs with deep thoughts too so check back. LOL

Justin

1 comment: