Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Mania

Well I am exhausted!  I have done so much that I am sitting here trying to remember everything that I have to tell you guys.  First, my birthday was the 29th of May.  I was hoping for a micro pig, or a miniature horse, but didn't get those, however I did recieve great gifts.  Also I am sure that I didn't need any of them.  I have enough on my plate.

The first one being from my mom and dad.  As many of you know I have lost about 70 chickens total here on my homestead.  We would build a fence for them, patch holes, fix traps, only to find them gone again the next morning one at a time.  We even went as far as putting mini coops inside the fence and they still were attacked and drug through the wires.  Mom and Dad did want me to give up, but I refused.  I will have fresh eggs for my family at least along with meat.  Hopefully I can expand that to have these available to others one day.  Anyway, they bought all of the material to construct a predator proof chicken coop/run.  We got this!  Take a look.


Also, Serena, is a main character of this blog.  Mainly because we do everything together.  She did get me something very special for my birthday and it is the sign that is hanging on my coop.  It says "Rookie Homesteader".  I have it as the header picture of this blog so you can see it there too!  I love it!  BTW...here is a picture of her in her Lincoln that talks.  She won't let me haul animals in this!!!

My other dear friend Catrina got me some antique/primitive stuff which I am also into.  She got me the coolest thing....an egg carton that is painted brown with grungy cinnamon and well, it fits my lifestyle along with the mammy figure. lol.   Here is a picture of her....you will meet a lot of her too.

She volunteers at school.  She is also family.






My dear and wonderful Wife made my weekend.  SHE ADMITTED SHE LIKED HOMESTEADING.  You have to know Katie.  If it were her, she would live like the jetsons!  Now she is making homemade ice cream!  Who would have thought.  She also ordered me 2 signs for my farm that hasn't came in yet and I will be sure to put them up as soon as they are here. 

I am sure many of you remember my last post "The Itch with a name - Jackie".  Well, I had to go to the doctor....shots, steroids, cremes, and still I AM COVERED!  However, the garden is growing.  Take a look


Remember during all of this mom and my uncle are trying to get me to put viniger on my poison ivy.  They swear it is a miracle, so I tried....nothing!!!!!






And last I will leave you with some pictures of Emma playing in the bubble machine because they are just too cute not to!





No comments:

Post a Comment