Friday, June 10, 2011

Not By The Hair of my Chinny Chin Chin.....

Last weekend we made our trip to Lucasville, OH.  We love it.  I have mentioned it many times before on here and especially how Serena hates when I buy animals because she fears that she will have to help haul them home.  However, we all know that Lucasville = some kind of animal.  They have everything and Tinia (lucas farm) does not want me to buy anything from there.  I follow her every word, but this one.  However I am very selective!! as opposed to what I used to be when I went there.

We bought many things and I admit that I wasn't very interested in the antiques this year.  I had the homestead on my mind!  Now I am not proud of that, because antiquing with mom and Serena rocks, but I did enjoy the animal side this year.  Next trip is Antiques.

I got several different bantam chickens of which I will post pictures of tomorrow.  I am in to them highly and they were from a breeder there I have worked with several years and they do breed appropriately and handle only full breeds. 

However we passed a vendor that had a play pen set up with 6 little piggies.  LOL.  Naturally I went nuts!  I have always wanted a micro pig, and would have thought I wanted a normal pig to raise to butcher but I don't have that space.  To my credit I did walk away and Mom looked at me and said "Get back there I am getting those pigs.  I am tired of hearing about them."  I picked out a pretty pink one and a black one.  A pair!  BIG MISTAKE.  Then Carrie looked at Serena with puppy dog eyes and with my persuasion I convinced her that her kids needed one, so she reached the woman a crisp 50 and got a black one.   Serena always has crisp bills.....I guess it comes with the Lincoln....I seem to have old wrinkled 5's. lol

The day went on.....the chickens we bought pooped all over mom's antiques which caused her a huge amount of stress lol.  We decided to leave and load all the stuff we had bought, including the free cat for Emma that she has fallen completely in love with.  We were unable to haul everything even though we had 2 carts so we went back for the pigs. 

When we brought the pigs back to the vehicle I was loading them in the cage.  The 2 black ones when in...then I had the pink on up getting ready to put it in, when my mom started screaming..."TAKE THAT THING BACK .....IT HAS RAW TAIL!"  Serena instantly laughing and agreeing because it would only happen to the rookie homesteader.   I saw what she was talking about and due to the heat and exhaustion I held it up to Keith without even thinking and said what is wrong with this pig?  He smiled and said....IT IS A BOY....THAT IS IT'S SCROTUM!  I immediately started letting mom have it and Serena spoke up...I thought that was it's Girl part.  Mom finished with that is the weirdest looking boy part I have ever seen!  LOL. 

Now can you imagine if Keith hadn't been with me and I had marched up to the seller demanding my money back as my mom told me to because it had what we thought was a boil on it's butt?  I would have been so embarrassed when they explained to me it was just a boy part!

NEVER A DULL MOMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment