Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Po Po Got Me!

Many of you may ask what does this have to do with homesteading?  This is why I call myself the "Rookie Homesteader"  Never a dull moment!

It is important that I give you some background information.  Take my wife....Katie.  I love her more than the worlds of the universe could ever imagine.  However, WE ARE TOTALLY OPPOSITE.  She is liked, I am not.  She is calm, I am anxious.  She doesn't worry, I do.  She would be happier in a city setting with the most modern life she could possibly experience.  Almost like the Jetsons!  LOL  Get the picture?  However, I couldn't make it without her!

She has a friend of whom she has became very close to.  The share interest and views, putting me even further from connection.  Let me throw in a disclaimer.  This woman is an anointed woman of God and to be respected.  None of this is intended to be harmful towards her.  It is just that people are different or in my case I am different from most.  :)  You can imagine that the two of them together do not get my sense of humor.  Katie gets it....but not in public of any sort.  If we are around anyone she tends to roll the eye at my humor.

On this particular day, I woke up and Katie had taken the SUV.  Not a problem you say, well yes it was...the SUV had my license, and new registration.  This is typical of our marriage.  We are very unorganized.  This would not normally be a problem, but the Po Po had already pulled me over warning me.  I have a history with the big white Cadillac that always has dead stickers.  :(  They sit right above my school where I work, and I knew I would get it if I showed up back in town.  I called Katie and explained this. Her response was to tell them to look it up in the computer no big deal.  YA LET'S TRY THAT.

The mean little boy rose up in me. I ended up taking my mom's vehicle to work and once I got there I text Katie and told her that I done as she told me and told the PO PO to look it up in the computer.  I told her that he responded back by saying he wasn't a computer tech and gave me a 200 dollar ticket.  Well, she freaked out.  I felt accomplished and went on teaching the whole day and forgot about it.

Meanwhile she is telling everyone including her best friend I mentioned up top.  Her whole department was feeling sorry for her having to pay 200 bucks for a ticket.  It happened to be Noah's birthday party and the two of them rode home from school together so they could take Emma to gymnastics and pick up pizzas on the way home for the party.

So picture this...they pull in my mom's house to get Emma and noticed my car.  OMG.  I am sure Katie was furious and I am sure the question arose as to how I got a ticket in a car that never left my hollow.  LOL.  So  Katie had to explain how terrible I was and that I had obviously told a small fib for the sake of an awesome joke.  This type of humor probably wasn't received.   Who wouldn't feel sorry for her having to put up with this?  LOL.

Needless to say I was confronted from the wife...go figure.  NO MORE PO PO!

No comments:

Post a Comment